You would probably agree when I say that water softeners should be of the highest quality so that they can perform top-notch. When it comes to Fleck, the company has been working hard to upgrade its products to the next level. The water treatment and its market is incomplete without this awesome company. Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Grain Water Softener is one of their best products that would turn the hard water into soft by ionisation. The SXT range of the company is highly in demand kudos to its performance.
How does Fleck Water Softener work?
In simple terms, the product turns hard water to soft so that it could be used regularly. There are two main parts of the softener, i.e. mineral and brine tanks. Not only the water is turned soft, but the necessary minerals are also added to make sure that it becomes full of health. These two tanks are mainly responsible for the water treatment as they get the incoming hard water for the same. Both of these tanks are connected to the digital control valve. This valve is always of the highest quality as it regulates the outgoing of water as well.
The best part of this product is the coverage that it provides. The digital control valve has a warranty of 5 years. Both the tanks come with a warranty of 10 years. The Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Grain Water Softener has a unique point that the rivals lack. The softener salt does not accumulate within its tanks. It is because it is used in a very handy manner and systematically distributed. Less salt consumption and fewer water leaks are something that makes this softener as one of the best on the market.
The model comes with resin, i.e. hydrocarbon sections preinstalled. You need not do anything with the product itself. Just connect the softener to the water main, and you are good to go. The other parts which are included in the kit are bypass valve and a yoke for the tanks to get connected easily.
The capability of the Fleck 5600SXT Water Softener
Well as an honest reviewer I would just like to say that product is far much capable as compared to the other softeners on the market. It is all because of its ability to get soft water at tremendous speeds. The tank measurement is 10×54, which you require to fill in with salt once it runs out of it. As the name suggests, the 48,000 grains of hardness is removed from the water before the salt refill is required. You need to run the regeneration cycle after a week to make sure that the product remains at its top-notch performance. The product works at its best when:
- The water has 20 grains of hardness
- It is serving a family of four people
- Daily water usage is 300 gallons
You can run the cycle on both auto and manual mode. The control head supports both the ways for the regeneration cycle. The salt must be added to the full for each regeneration cycle. The cycle takes approximately 2 hours to complete. The brine tank is a major component in the process as it holds all the softener salt. A total of 5 packs can be stored in the brine tank at the same time.
Constituents of Hard water and their removal
Hard water is not at all recommended for domestic use. It is because it forms a layer of minerals within the home water infrastructure. With continuous usage, it will render the water-based appliances useless. Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Grain Water Softener has been specifically designed to reduce the limestone levels in the water. It also reduces the levels of calcium and magnesium that are major constituents of hard water. The flow is awesome at the rate of 12 gallons per minute. The unique features of the product make it the best one to be purchased. It is viable and provides you with the value of money that you are looking for. Turning hard water into soft has never been as easy as this product makes it for the owners.
Features of the Fleck 5600SXT 48,000
- The first feature is the name associated with it, i.e. Fleck. The company is known for making high end and quality water treatment plants and systems. Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Grain Water Softener is another example of their class.
- The installation is very easy, and the kit has almost all the items that are needed to attach the system to your home water supply.
- The bypass valve is also included within the kit. It means that you don’t need to purchase this part at all.
- The calcium and magnesium are completely removed from the water, and it is made soft with almost 100% accuracy.
- The product also features the count for the gallons that are used and the remaining ones so that the regeneration cycle can be run.
The good thing is that you will find everything extra here. It means that you need not worry about making additional purchases at all. The test strip, sanitizer and a tube of silicone are also included within the kit. The detailed installation guide is good for those having a technical background. If you are planning on DIY, then the installation guide will present you with issues. The 4 ft. 3/8 inch brine line is also included in the pack. The drain lines are not included in the pack, so this is the drawback. You need to purchase them separately, and almost every store has it. In general, the installation kit is packed with all the necessities that you need to fit the system with your home water supply.
The water is not instantly turned soft once processed by the system. You will continue getting a bit of hardness and might think that your choice was not good. Don’t worry at all, the system is resin-based, and it requires some time to work perfectly. You will ultimately get the water quality level for which Fleck is known. The unit is a bit expensive, but again it is the superior performance that outclasses all the other similar systems. The system also never lets you run out of soft water. It always keeps some of the water reserves. You can auto set the regeneration cycle at your convenience. This all depends upon the water usage of your household.
Cons of the product
There are some drawbacks to the product which you should make your mind about before making the purchase. These are not which affect the working of the product.
- Though the reserve is always maintained, there is no alarm system at all. It means that as the tank is running out of the water, the user is not notified. Alarm system integration in the upcoming models is something much needed.
- The installation kit is made up of very substandard plastic. Some owners have reported that the parts break during the installation. A stainless steel alternative is required for strong installation.
- The iron removal is not as efficient as it should be. The users have reported that the iron taste is there in the water even once it has been ionized by the system.
It is important that the installation guide is fully followed so that the system starts up easily. For the best outcome, you need to
- Set the unit to the bypass mode
- Fill the salt into the brine tank. There is a separate guide that will let you do this easily.
- Open the bypass valve slowly. The air will run down the drain line.
- The backwash cycle should be run for the first time. It will check the system for the leaks as well as internal issues if any.
- The most important thing is to make sure that the installation is done near the drain and the tanks are levelled.
- Secure placement of the tanks is also necessary as they have high pressure which can lead to problems if the tanks a kept it open.
Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Water Softener Manuals
- Fleck 5600 SXT Spec Sheet
- Fleck 5600 SXT Downflow Service Manual
- Fleck 5600 SXT Upflow Service Manual
- Fleck SXT Spec Sheet
- Fleck SXT Service Manual
Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Grain Water Softener is of top-notch quality and therefore should be your first priority. The softener is highly sophisticated, and the installation is easy to perform. It removes the hardness of the water with perfection. The customers that have already made a purchase are highly satisfied and have reviewed the product excellently. With the ability to provide you and your family with high levels, it is very hard to beat this product in the coming years. It is strong in the first position and will continue to be there unless something advanced developed by Fleck.
Check Top Ten Best Water Softeners Here: